From MA. Espai Educatiu we detail you some information related to the operation of the center that may be of interest:
Individual meetings with MA tutors
We will send you a form with the option of booking a meeting with the reference educators of your children before starting the course. These get-togethers are highly recommended for families starting out in MA and can also be helpful for families looking to catch up after the summer. We will arrange these interviews from September 1 to 10. In these meetings you can come with your kid, this way you will be able to meet the referring educator. It would be ideal if two adults could come so one of them is there for the meeting and the other with your kid (in case they get tired and want to go outside or if they need to talk about something without your kid present).
We at MA advise that children aged 0-3 years and those aged 3-6 years who need it, have a progressive incorporation lasting as long as they need in order to make their entry into the project more enjoyable. However, we are aware that it is not always feasible, so the schedule that the boys and girls follow during the first weeks in MA will be defined according to the needs of each family as well as the children. All of this will be covered in the individual meeting at the beginning of the course and the adaptation process will be evaluated day by day. In the individual meeting we will talk about how the dynamics will be between children and adults during the days that the adaptation lasts.
School hours are Monday to Friday from 9am to 3.30pm. We offer a relaxed arrival time in the morning from 9am to 10am. Families who want to arrive after these hours must communicate it at least 24 hours in advance to the referring educator so as not to interrupt the rhythm of the day and be able to offer the necessary care for each child. The pick-up time is from 3pm to 3:30 pm.
We ask you, please, that you adjust to the arrival and collection times so as not to interfere with the dynamics of the different MA groups.
We offer music, yoga and visual arts workshops from 3.30pm to 4.40pm. The collection is maximum at 5pm.
|Tuesday Music with Clara Sunyer||Catalan|
|Thursday Music with Clara Sunyer||Catalan|
|Monday||Yoga with María Vuñó||Spanish|
|Tuesday||Music with Clara Sunyer||Catalan|
|Wednesday||Yoga with María Vuñó||Spanish|
|Thursadys||Music with Clara Sunyer||Catalan|
Things to bring to MA
- Footwear: Slippers with soft, non-slip soles must be brought from home to use in the interior spaces of MA for as many months as needed. And some boots as outdoor shoes that are easy to put on and take off.
- Clothes: Made with materials that allow the skin to perspire, that allow for movement, and that facilitates autonomy, for example with elastic bands, velcro, zippers that are easy to go up and down and few buttons.
- Overalls or waterproof pants and rain coat: To go out in the garden when it is cold, raining or has rained.
- A change of clothes: For children up to 4 years old we require you to bring at least 2 changes with the indicated name and for children from 4 years old 1 change should be enough. Waterproof bag: It will be necessary to bring a cloth bag lined with waterproof fabric to put dirty or wet clothes inside.
- Changing diapers: For those children who use diapers, it will be necessary to bring them from home along with a towel or changing mat with soft surface (measure 45 × 80 cm approx.) You’ll also be required to bring what is necessary to clean the child during diaper change. In the case of opting for disposable sanitary wipes, these must be biodegradable and 100% compostable. Due to sustainability issues, non-compostable wet wipes are not allowed in the project. We will guide families that need it on issues of economic and environmentally friendly alternative products or materials.
- Bib: For children 0-3 years old and those who need it, bibs labelled with the name that are made of waterproof fabric and are not rigid should be brought. To promote the autonomy of children, we recommend that they have an elastic to put on and take off. See the references.
- Children’s toothbrush: Children ages 3 to 6 should bring a toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Water bottle: A reusable bottle labelled with the child’s name.
- Rest time: For those children who take naps and are used to sleeping with a pacifier, or some personal object (doll or blanket), it is also convenient that they bring it and that it is labelled.
Ma. 0-3 You can leave your strollers on the shelves at the entrance. It is preferable that you bring compact, one-piece, small and easy to store strollers.
MA. 3-6 This space is designed for children from 3 to 6 years old. The space designated for storing strollers is limited and of preferential use for children under 3 and a half years of age, those families who come from far away or those who have some logistical difficulty. From the age of 3 it is advisable for health to come walking, on a scooter or bicycle. We ask that together we take care of the entrance by folding the strollers and storing the scooters and bicycles tidily.
Children from 0 to 4 years old: You’ll be required to bring a piece of fruit from home to eat at mid-morning. Each piece of fruit should go inside a cloth bag or container with the child’s name. The use of disposable containers, aluminum foil or plastic film is not allowed.
Children from 4 to 6 years old: They can bring a piece of fruit or whatever they want for breakfast. Please consult the list of foods that cannot be brought.
It is necessary for the children who stay for the afternoon workshops to bring their snack in a cloth bag or container with their name on it. Please consult the list of foods that cannot be brought to MA.
Things that cannot be brought to MA
- You cannot bring hard dried fruit.
- You cannot bring anything that contains refined sugar such as industrial pastries, chocolate, sugar cookies, etc.
- You cannot bring juices packed with plastic straws. In MA we have metal straws.
Household objects, materials and books
- Children can bring materials, objects or books of their interest to share with the group in the circle, for example. These objects or books must have a specific interest and, must have been a choice supervised by the parents/carer. You cannot bring books with commercial pictures (Disney & co).
- We ask that personal toys be kept in each child’s personal backpack. Having personal toys at the entrance outside the bag makes day-to-day life difficult especially at home time.
Sustainability in MA
To take care of our environment, we have established measures that help us all to be respectful towards the environment and our planet. In the project we try to minimize the use of plastic and completely eliminate the use of single-use plastic. We use organic products in bulk to clean our spaces. The cloths to clean the spaces and materials are made of cotton made by hand and we try to acquire all the pedagogical materials of the project from companies that respect the environment. We believe that with children at these ages our job is to set an example with small actions performed daily. Thus, we all make an effort to avoid:
- Plastic film
- Non-compostable disposable wipes
- Plastic straws
- Single-use plastic containers and bags
- Everything you think can be harmful to the environment, in this way you can be an example for us too.
Communication in MA. Espai Educatiu
• Arrivals and Pick up: Educators are available to speak with families upon arrival and departure. It is preferable that families who want to exchange conversation arrive in the morning between 9am and 9.30am since at 10am all the educators need to be inside the rooms. At the pick-up, in case you want to talk for a while with the educator about how the day went there will always be more availability for this if you arrive before 3.20pm.
• WhatsApp group: We have a WhatsApp group for each family that includes the parents/carers, the MA number used by the educators in the space and the director. You can communicate through text messages to this chat which will be checked and answered by the educators, due to the daily routine these will be mainly checked and answered between 9am and 10am and during the midday time (unless it is an emergency). For urgent matters you can call the MA number or the director.
|MA phone. 0-3: +34 640 044 270|
|Management MA. 0-3 (Naïs): +34 609 602 561|
|MA phone. 0-3 +34 609 602 561|
|Management MA. 3-6 (Margalida): +34 625 799 808|
- Individual meetings: Families who wish may have individual meetings with their tutor at the end of each term.
- You can request a meeting with direction or tutors when needed at any time during the course.
- Diaries: Approximately once a month the educators of the project prepare a newsletter that is published privately on our blog. These newsletters are a documentation tool that allows establishing relationships with families through images and words. Their objective is to transmit our day-to-day life, reflect on some pedagogical event/theme or document a specific project that the group is carrying out.
Information on the procedure for payment of fees
|Tuition and material fee |
This is to make the initial reservation your first year in the project. This amount is annual and is non refundable.
|Registration renewal fee|
It includes the renewal of enrollment and material for that school year for children who have already been at least one school year at MA. It is annual and non refundable.
|Monthly fee||€ 595|
|Adaptation fee |
Only in September, for the 1rst year kids in MA who don’t stay for lunch.
|Catering fee |
Obrador de La Nena supplies the catering for MA. It is a project of proximity with the workshop in Gracia and they provide high quality menus. At the beginning of each month we will send you the menu so that you can organize your family meals. This is the only possible lunch option for kids from more than 12 month.
* In the event that a family wants to leave the project once the school year has started, they will have to notify at least 60 days in advance, otherwise, the 2 full months’s fee will be applied.
Afternoon workshop fees
|1 afternoon||€ 30|
|2 afternoons||€ 50|
|3 afternoons||€ 70|
|4 afternoons||€ 80|
- If you want to pay for the entire course (September to June) there will be a 5% discount on the monthly fees.
- Brothers and sisters have a discount. Consult with management.
- In case of difficulty in making payments, please contact the management team so that we can find a solution together.
Information on illnesses and the administration of medications during school hours
We adhere to the School Health protocol (06/22/2017) established by the Department of Education and the Ministry of Public Health of the Generalitat of Catalonia. “In order to administer medication to students, whenever it is essential to do so during school hours, it is necessary for parents or legal guardians to provide a medical report stating the name of the student, the name of the medication to be taken and the administration guideline. Likewise, they must provide an authorization where requested, the address of the educational center, the administration to the son or daughter of the prescribed medication in accordance with the guidelines that appear in the aforementioned report and the administration is authorized to the professionals of the center . “
In all illnesses that cause fever, in addition to the specific recommendations for each of them, it is necessary that the child is without fever for 24 hours before returning to school.
Adults will be invited to disinfect their hands with the hydroalcoholic gel and children will be accompanied to wash their hands.
Children will wash their hands:
- Upon arrival and departure from the educational center.
- Before and after meals.
- Before and after going to the bathroom (for those who use it).
- Before and after certain activities or going out to the garden.
In the case of educators, hand washing will be carried out:
- Upon arrival at the center and before contact with the children.
- Before and after coming into contact with food.
- Before and after accompanying a child to the toilet.
- Before and after using the bathroom.
- Before and after helping a child blow their nose.
- At least once every 2 hours.
- Apart from these specific moments of hand washing we will have several points with dispensers of hydroalcoholic solution.
Cleaning, disinfecting and ventilation
All spaces will be ventilated before the children enter, at home time and every two hours, at least for 10 minutes at a time. Whenever possible, windows will be left open when the group is inside the room. In order to carry out the ventilation, cleaning and disinfecting of the center, the planning protocol contemplated in the instructions of the Department of Education will be activated.
As provided by the regulations of the Department of Education, families must take responsibility for the health status of their sons and daughters. At the beginning of the 2020-2021 academic year, they will sign a responsibility statement through which they will state that they are aware of the current pandemic situation and that they agree not to take the child to the educational center in case he or she or Someone with whom you have had recent contact with have shown Covid-19 compatible symptoms.
Requirements to access the center
No cohabitants or close contact with confirmed positive or compatible symptoms in the previous 10 days. In the event that the child has a highly complex chronic disease that may increase the risk of severity in the event of contracting the SARS-CoV2 infection, it will be assessed together (with the family, educator and their medical team of reference), the implications when resuming the educational activity in person at the educational center.
If a positive case in detected in MA, we will follow the procedure established by Departament de Salut.
In the event that a child or a group has to be isolated at home due to Covid-19 on any other health or personal reason, the fee corresponding to this period will have to be paid.